Tuesday, July 26, 2011

#2. The Erlichs

Karen, Lucas and Dara.

It is rare that you come across a family like the Erlichs. Dara has been my best friend since like 30 seconds after we met, and her family has been my family ever since. It is hard to imagine that 9 years ago I traveled out to LA on my own, away from my family, with no job and no idea what I was doing. One year earlier, I think Jay was in the same situation! We both wanted new experiences. I sometimes wonder what would have happened to me if the Erlichs didn’t take me in? They were what I needed in my new LA life…a really strong family who liked being together. I was invited over for homemade meals and holidays, they wanted to know about my family and friends in Minnesota, they talked to me about grad school and work and Jay and Lucas. They are a family who always had a watchful eye on me and my well-being. The great thing about them is when your in…you in! Jay even felt this during his interviewing process with Blake. Toni (Dara’s mom) would be emailing and leaving messages with her best thoughts and wishes! The Erlich family has been the Dean’s biggest champions! Lucas is so lucky to have 3 families that love him so much! Rueben, Toni, Dara, Darren, Ross, Remy and Cooper…you are all missed and appreciated and loved dearly!


(top to bottom, left to right): Remy, Toni, Rueben and Dara at lunch; Karen, Toni and Dara on Mothers Day; The Marbles: Darren, Dara and Remy; Lucas and Remy posing together on Mothers Day


We'll miss you, too, Cooper Marble!

No comments:

Post a Comment