Wednesday, June 8, 2011

#17. Sushi

Our selection for # 17 in our in-no-particular-order Top 20 things we'll miss about L.A. list is none other than one of our favorite foods: SUSHI.

Sadly, our go-to sushi place of choice - primarily because it was just around the corner - Asakuma - closed a few months ago so we haven't been able to go, but we have satisfied our craving with more frequent trips to Taiko and Katsuya (amen for "sushi crack"!). We've also enjoyed our times at Bar Hayama, and only wish we had spent more time at their outdoor fire pit. Karen wants to give a shout out to K-Zo in Culver City, too.


We're assuming Minneapolis has sushi (?), but we know it won't be the same. We will attempt to keep our sushi appetites at bay until our next visit.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have to respond to this one! Brian and I actually just went out for sushi on Saturday night at Fugiya. We had a groupon - 25 bucks for 50 bucks. Sweet. Anyway, when were there, I told Brian about the time Karen and I went out for sushi the night of Jay's bachelor party (must have been to your fav place because we walked there). I was super sick, but loved mine. I think it had cilantro on it. Anyway, I dreamt about that sushi for two years in Malawi!!!! Brian thought I was crazy for even remembering. So yes, we have sushi places here, and I will go anytime as long as I can afford it!!!

    ReplyDelete