Sunday, April 17, 2011

The 5 Food Groups

It's rare that I take the time to feed myself well, now that I have Lucas. He consumes most of my time and energy. By the time I'm done focusing on his meals of the day, I often end up grabbing for Jo-Jo's or the bottle of wine on my counter...Not really meeting the FDA standards for daily nutrient intake. So, after a beautiful morning at the ocean on the swings and a leisurely stroll through the farmer's market in Santa Monica...I got ambitious and inspired. Here is my lunch today. Don't be too impressed, I'm sure it won't happen again anytime soon.

The ingredients:

local butter and romaine lettuce
local zucchini and asparagus (roasted)
quinoa
goat cheese
dried cranberries
candied almonds
avocado
roasted chicken
homemade balsamic dressing

1 comment:

  1. Yum... I am so with you on all of that! Emerson eats so well with her food allergies, but I am another story! If only we could hire a chef to take care of food prep everyday while we're doing all the child rearing!

    ReplyDelete